"Li'l chef in Pepper fields"
Black Pepper chicken is a very simple and delicious recipe to make at home with only few ingredients. One of my favourite home-made chicken recipe. There are many ways of making pepper chicken like chettinad style,
andhra style, chinese style, Asian style but the recipe i'm posting is Mom style ;)
Yes i learnt this from my mom and its my favourite since young.We can prepare this recipe with boneless chicken as well but guys usually love it with bones :) This recipe is for all the bachelors out there who are starters at cooking and who can prepare this dish when there mom's are not around and it just takes 20 mins.
Boneless chicken : 1/2 kg (cut it into thin strips)
Redchilli powder : 1/2 tablespoon
Daniya powder : 1/2 tablespoon
Cumin seeds : 1 teaspoon
Onions : 1 Finely chopped
Tomato : 1 Finely chopped
Gingergarlic paste : 2 teaspoons
Peppercorns : Coarsely powdered (or you can use readymade powder)
Oil : 2 tablespoon
salt to taste
Coriander for granishing
- Pressure cook the chicken with redchilli powder and daniya powder and some water.
- once done heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds allow it spatter, add finely chopped onions and let it fry.
- Add a pinch of salt to, by this way water from onions oozes out and allows it to cook well.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for a min
- Now add tomatoes and allow it to fry.
- 6) Now add the cooked chicken into it and add the pepper corns or pepper powder and saute it nicely.
- 7) Once done garnish with coriander leaves.
- You need to add little bit of chilli powder while cooking coz we use pepper powder as well, which is spicy.
- You can add pepper powder according to spiciness you need.
- There are two ways of making this dish, either you can pressure cook the chicken or you can boil it during the course of making by adding more of water and allowing it to boil.
Njoy your treat :)